How PinPoint keeps you safe.
PinPoint’s highest goal is to ensure a secure environment for our customers' data.
1. Why does PinPoint need my online banking login information (username and password) for my credit or debit card provider?
In order to monitor your transactions and look for fraud, we need to create lines of communication between your bank and our system. None of this information is stored anywhere on our systems.
2. Why does PinPoint need my cell phone location information?
PinPoint uses the location of your cell phone as a key ingredient in our daily analysis for signs of potential fraudulent activity. You are required to provide explicit, informed consent for the use of information such as mobile location data before you can opt-in and begin using PinPoint service. Your mobile location information is never shared with any third party or used by PinPoint for commercial purposes.
3. How do you store my bank login information on your servers?
Your login credentials are not stored anywhere on our servers. Yodlee, a trusted partner for the PinPoint service, handles all of this information. Yodlee helps secure your data using multi-layered hardware and software encryption. Your data is safeguarded through the use of industry leading best practices and technology such as firewalls, intrusion detection, password protection, secure internet connections, user authentication encryption, and third party audits and inspections.
Yodlee provides security-enhanced online banking solutions to thousands of leading financial institutions and millions of consumers. Visit Yodlee for additional information on how your data is protected.
4. Can someone see or steal my credit or debit card account number?
After your initial account setup, your login credentials for your financial institution are never again displayed in PinPoint. Neither PinPoint nor our partner, Yodlee, has knowledge of your monitored credit or debit card numbers nor the underlying financial account numbers. PinPoint provides a strictly “read only” view of your transaction information and does not allow any changes to your financial accounts. So even if someone managed to obtain or steal your PinPoint account login, they will not be able to get your credit or debit card account number, login to your financial institution, or perform transactions against your financial accounts.
5. Can PinPoint employees view my bank account numbers or credit card numbers?
No. Neither PinPoint nor our partner, Yodlee, has knowledge of your monitored credit or debit card numbers nor the underlying financial account numbers.
6. How can I protect my PinPoint account?
As a reminder, PinPoint provides a strictly “read only” view of your transaction information. Your online banking user names and passwords are never displayed after you enter them during your first session.
7. If I cancel my PinPoint account, what happens to my bank login information?
you cancel your account, data related to that account will be deleted within 48
8. Where can I find additional information about PinPoint security?
9. If someone does manage to steal my PinPoint log in information, can they access my bank accounts and credit cards to make any transactions?
No, PinPoint provides a strictly “read only” view of your transaction information. Your online banking user names and passwords are never displayed after you enter them during your first session.
PinPoint's added layers of security: